One of the single most powerful features of the E-Learning Heroes community is something you might not be maximizing: your user profile. Believe it or not, your user profile is a sure way to make yourself more knowable. A robust profile helps people find and connect with you and your work—and making connections in a community of peers is not only helpful for self-development, learning, and professional growth, it’s also a great way to meet people and form new friendships.

So, how do you get the most out of your E-Learning Heroes user profile? Here are some easy how-tos and tips to get your profile whipped into shape in a snap!

Setting Up or Editing Your User Profile

Whether you’re brand new to E-Learning Heroes or just thinking that now might be a good time to jazz things up, accessing your profile is easy-peasy. Simply mouseover your image in the upper right corner of any screen on E-Learning Heroes to reveal a drop-down menu of options.

Click on My Profile from the drop-down menu to access your profile page.

From the My Profile screen you can:

• Set up and/or edit your profile (more on that in a moment)
  • Add or update your photo
  • Add a course to your profile

Setting Up or Editing Your Profile

To set up or customize your profile, click the Edit Profile button under your profile image.

That’ll open up an Edit Profile pop-up. 

Here you can update or complete any or all of the data fields, including:

• Name
  • Title
  • Company/Organization
  • Bio

When you’re done editing your profile, click the Save Changes button.

Pro tip: The Allow Members to Contact Me checkbox is checked by default. Leaving this checked adds a Contact Me link to your user profile. 

The Contact Me link is helpful for allowing other users to reach out to you privately. All they need to do is click the link to open up a handy email form.

Bonus tip: The Contact Me feature is particularly helpful if you’re a freelancer, since it gives potential clients a painless way to connect with you one-on-one.

Adding Links to Your Profile

Gone are the days of paper resumes and PDF attachments. In today’s digital world, everyone’s looking for a link. Thankfully, your E-Learning Heroes user profile makes it easy to share links to your website or blog, your portfolio, or your LinkedIn profile.

Once you’ve chosen to edit your profile, simply enter your preferred website address in the URL field and then click Save Changes.

Pro tip: Only the link you enter in the URL field will be recognized as a hyperlink on your profile, although you can enter more links in the body of the Bio field.

Add a Course to Your Profile

Linking to your blog or portfolio is a great way to share a little more about yourself, but if you want to really show off your e-learning skills, consider adding a published course to your user profile.

From the My Profile page, click the Add a Course button under the Created by You tab.

When you click Add a Course, you’ll see an Add Course screen with data fields to complete.

On this screen you can:

• Paste in the URL of your published course
  • Add a course title
  • Provide a brief description of your course 
  • Upload an image from your course (optimal size is 360 x 290 pixels)

Once you’ve entered all the details, click the Add Course button to save your course to your profile. 

Click View Course to see your newly uploaded course in a new browser tab. If you want to change any details about your course or remove it from your profile altogether, use the edit or delete buttons.

Add a Photo to Your Profile

When you’re setting up or revising your E-Learning Heroes profile, don’t forget to add a flattering photo of yourself. People enjoy connecting with a friendly face, and one of the best ways to make a positive first impression is to personalize your profile with your lovely mug!

To add or edit your profile picture, simply mouseover your current profile image and then click to update it. 

Have a friendly, professional selfie? Now is the time to make it your new ELH profile pic!

Click the Choose Picture button and then browse to locate your photo. To save your new profile picture, click the Save button. To keep looking for just the right image, click the Change Profile Picture link. 

Resources

Looking for a fun way to learn all the basics and a whole lot more? Don’t miss this helpful E-Learning Heroes 101 course.

And if you’re eager for more pointers on all things E-Learning Heroes, check out these articles:

What are your tips, tricks, and brilliant ideas for maximizing your E-Learning Heroes user profile? How do you get noticed? Leave us a comment below to share your thoughts.

And be sure to follow us on Twitter and come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning.