Studio Presenter 360 IPC Handler not showing as option for add-in

Aug 28, 2018

Just starting to use Studio Presenter 360. When I open Presenter 360, it prompts me to open PPT. When I do so, I get an error message saying it's an add-in and that I need to install it and try again. I googled this. I then went into PPT and went to Options, and Add-Ins, COM Add-Ins. There is nothing disabled. When I go to COM Add-Ins, Articulate is not an option to add. Please help!

9 Replies
Katie Riggio

Welcome to the community, Nicole ..and to Articulate 360! 

I'd love to lend a hand with this. First, can I confirm if you verified your PowerPoint Trust Center Settings? Here's how:

1. In PowerPoint, go to the File tab on the ribbon and click Options.
  2. Select the Trust Center tab on the left side of the window that appears.
  3. Click the Trust Center Settings button on the right side of the window.
  4. When the Trust Center opens, select the Add-ins tab on the left.
  5. If the box is marked to Disable all Application Add-ins, uncheck it.
  6. Click OK twice, then restart PowerPoint for the changes to take effect.

Additionally, could you share a screenshot of what your COM Add-ins menu shows?

PP

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Denise,

I see that you mentioned an error in this conversation as well, specific to the .ppam file.

Joshua popped in and provided an update:

I talked with our development team. It seems our use of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) inside of Microsoft Office is what is causing this false positive in the reports. 

We'll work with the Anti-Virus vendors to clear this up. I'm not sure how long that will take, but I'll update you soon with an update. 

In the meantime, if your IT team will allow you to allowlist the file that will enable you to use Presenter 360 again.
Vincent Scoma

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for reaching out!

Our team is looking into this error, and we will be sure to provide updates on this as soon as we have more details to share!

In the meantime, the comment from Joshua that Leslie provided should help enable Presenter 360:

if your IT team will allow you to allowlist the articulate.ppam file, this will enable you to use Presenter 360 again.

Kimberly Miller

Hello,
I am sorry but we were able to get it all straightened out. It was operator error on the installation process.
Kim

USGS Mentoring and Leadership Intensive Program Manager

304-743-5429
~~~~~
USGS
Office of Organizational and Employee Development
MS 605
12201 Sunrise Valley Drive
Reston, VA 20192
https://www.usgs.gov/about/organization/science-support/human-capital/employee-and-career-development

Please take the time to let me know how I am doing by completing the survey located at:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Kim

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.