Storyline 360 crash on iPad when resume

Jan 16, 2018

Storyline HTML5 crash and closes the window when I set the auto resume and I'm in a window opened by a shortcut in Home.

To reproduce this problem:

- published in HTML5 some slides with variables and the setting "always resume" or use this link (http://laterallearning.info/share/resume_always/story_html5.html)
- open the course in iPad safari
- set the page as a shortcut in Home (from the safari menu)
- open the course again from the newly created shortcut
- modified variables and switched to the second slide
- close with the home button and reopen the course with shortcut home link

In this last step the application stops and closes (almosto always).

If the course is inside an LMS, this bug can cause the browser to stop responding.

Do you know how to solve?

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for this link and detailed steps! Our team has been looking into a few similar issues with mobile safari crashing so I'd love if you could also answer the following: 

• What update of Storyline 360 are you using? The latest update is Update 11
  • What iOS version and iPad version are you using? 
  • Are you using any custom (non-standard) fonts in your project? 
  • Can you share a copy of your .story file with us as well? You can upload it using the Add Attachment button at the bottom of the reply window. 
Andrea Plozzer

Hi Alyssa, sorry for the delay.

The shortcut is the one that can be created from safari in order to open a web page as an App (see the image).

Using courses published with storylines from an LMS that is opened by this shortcut, it happens that the resume often crash the course and consequently the web page.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.