5 Replies
Becca Levan

Hello Nancy,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you're experiencing!

The screen you’re seeing appears when there is media, like a video or audio, on the first slide of a course. This is expected behavior, so I’m happy to share a couple of suggestions if you’d like the learner not to see this initial screen:

• Add a blank slide with a shortened timeline and create a trigger to jump to the media slide right away. Here's a Peek recording of that.
  • Add an introduction slide where the learner can push a button to start the course and move to the media slide.

Looking forward to hearing if either of these tips works for you!

Nancy Sheet

Hi Becca,

I tried both ways and they both work at first as long as I add my own play button for the user to start the animation. Even when I add a blank slide first, as in your first suggestion, the timeline starts to play but the audio does not. Since the user needs to control when the audio begins, I have to add the play button.

When I published and imported the animation into Rise, the black screen showed up again with option 2. I had to go back to option 1 with my own play button.

i hope you'll get rid of the black screen in future releases. A title slide is much more engaging. Thank you.

Lauren Connelly

Hello! 

I wanted to update this discussion to share a workaround which is to add a cover photo so the first slide with media doesn't show up as a blank screen. 

If anyone has additional questions, please don't hesitate to reach out in this discussion or privately in a support case.