Storyline and Section 508 Accessibility: Large text

Sep 23, 2014

I am currently creating a set of "standards" relating to accessibility and came across this statement "Storyline supports the JAWS screen reader and makes it easy for course authors to create large text versions of slides."

The sentence links JAWS to the large text and I was wondering if this is a JAWS feature, but it seems to suggest that the author has input. 

How is this achieved?

4 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Peter -- Thanks for reaching out! As Bryan may no longer be subscribed in this post, you can reach out to him directly via the 'Contact Me' link on his profile page. 

Also, regarding allowing learners to resize text themselves, perhaps you might want to take a look at this post over here that appears to pose a similar question. 

And for general resources on 508 Accessibility, here are a few items you may want to keep handy for future reference:

Otherwise, hopefully others in the community can weigh in with some additional ideas to assist! :)

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Angela and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

This conversation is a bit dated, but I was able to track down where the author got the original statement shared.

It is found within this document, indicating that the course author can create large text versions of courses if needed and that the JAWS screen reader is also supported.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.