Switching from Articulate Storyline 2 to Articulate 360

Mar 22, 2017

My company is looking to switch from Articulate Storyline 2 to Articulate 360. I have created courses with Storyline 2. If we switch to 360, will I be able to open my files and further edit them in 360?

11 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Anna

if you open a SL2 in SL360 two files will be created:

• a backup of the file which you can open and edit in SL2
  • a copy of the SL2 now upgraded to SL 360 - this file can only be opened and edited in SL360. Any modifications you make to this file will not be reflected in the SL2 backup. If you needed to revert to the SL2 file any changes made in the SL360 file would need to be redone in the SL2 file.

Hope that clarifies it for you.

Adrienne Hall

Yes, when I follow the below instructions provided it asks for an account URL, and login credentials at the bottom of this page. I don't have a URL, my company just downloaded this program on my computer so I don't even use a login to access Storyline2. Instead I click on "Start your FREE Articulate Online trial now", and it takes me to Articulate 360.
[cid:image003.jpg@01D2C251.D0343E70]

[cid:image004.jpg@01D2C251.D0343E70]

Thanks,

Adrienne Hall
OmniChannel Implementation Team
O: 971-234-4028

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Adrienne,

Looks like your email signature came through when you replied via email! No worries, this Peek video will show you how to remove it.  Also when you reply via email attachments won't come through to ELH so I didn't get to see your instructions.

To play a course on your iPad you'll need to have uploaded it to your web server or  Learning Management System (LMS). Articulate Online is a separate subscription from Storyline and our version of an LMS. 

Where will you be hosting your published content? 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks Adrienne - it looks like you're trying to publish to Articulate Online? Do you need a place to host your content once finished? Dropbox discontinued hosting HTML files sometime in 2016 - perhaps instead you could use Amazon S3?

If you want to use Articulate Online (AO), you need to have an AO account.  You are welcome to trial it for 30 days.   Here is the information about Articulate Online - and a link to the trial. 

That's different than Articulate 360, which is our newest authoring product and includes a suite of tools to help you create and author e-learning! 

The first image you shared was also from the Storyline 360 tutorial - but you mentioned using Storyline 2, so here's a link to the publishing tutorials for that version.  

Let me know if that helps! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.