Course tracking not working in Moodle

Mar 15, 2023

Hello everybody,

we have built a Rise Training for our customers at the end of last year, which we exported as SCORM 1.2 in our Moodle LMS. The problem was that the course tracking did not work properly, the progress was not correctly saved. Thanks to the great Articulate support we learned that the course was too huge for SCORM 1.2 and that we have to use SCORM 2004. We followed this advice, although our Moodle informed us, that SCORM 2004 is not supported by Moodle. However, everything worked fine for more than 3 months, without any problems. But suddenly some days ago, one of our customers informed us, that the course progress of his user goes always back to zero after leaving the course. We already run several tests on our platform and we can confirm, that we actually have the same problem with the tracking not working. What can we do? We do not want to divide the course into pieces in order to use SCORM 1.2. Our Moodle host said it is a Rise problem, although my tests in SCORM Cloud were successful. Any experiences or ideas? Would it be an option to use another Standard, i.e. AICC? Which other options do we have? Your help is much appreciated!

Best regards, Rebecca

5 Replies
Christopher Santos

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for reaching out to our Articulate 360 support.  I can see that my colleague Mick shared his findings about not seeing any issues when he tested your course in Moodle and to check back with Moodle support about your issue.

We will be happy to connect with them as well if they think it is a Rise problem.   You can always respond to Mick's email if you wish to continue investigating this issue with us.

Gren Foronda

Hi Itzel!

Our support team wasn't able to replicate the issue in Moodle using Rebecca's SCORM package. It was suggested to troubleshoot the issue further and check if they may be hitting the suspend data limit by enabling the LMS Debug Mode:

You may also file a support case so we may look into this issue and your files further.

Let us know if you need anything else!