Lag time in Rise 360

Jun 11, 2021

I am experiencing lag time between typing characters on the screen and when they show up in my Rise course. It started happening late yesterday afternoon. 

I had someone else log in and they experienced the same thing. I'm in a time crunch since the course needs to go live on Monday. Any suggestions??

17 Replies
Leah Hemeon

I too am experiencing this issue today. I cleared my cache, cookies, and fully restarted. I'm using Chrome but also tried Firefox (both latest versions of the apps) on a Mac computer with updated software. I just wanted to add my experience so it can be added to the investigation. It's good to know that this isn't just me! Thanks.

Leah Hemeon

I haven't checked all of my courses (that would be time consuming). I did experience it in at least three I tried. Also, it seems to be better, not perfect but better, in Firefox. I'm working there for now. The lag is not as bad. I did submit a ticket to support and Jose said they're aware of an issue. I sent videos to show the issue too.

Eric Santos

Hi Emily,

I’m so sorry for the trouble! Rise 360 and other Articulate products have experienced some technical issues recently, and our team has identified the issue. 

We’re pushing out a fix and will be monitoring it. We’ll continue to share updates on our status page, articulatestatus.com, and you can subscribe there to stay informed! Once we’re back up and running fully, we’ll also share an update within E-Learning Heroes as well.

Sebastian Chavez

Hi Eric,

I am experiencing this same lag issue when typing, not happening in other programs or in other tabs within the same browser session. Closed the session and started a new one but to no avail. I checked the status page and didn't see any issues. Any ideas? I am using Safari on a 2019 Intel Mac.

Eric Santos

Hello Sebastian,

I'm sorry you're hitting a lag issue when typing in Rise 360. I appreciate the troubleshooting you've already done and your sharing of your browser and system information. Everything is working fine on my end using the latest version of Google Chrome. Can you try switching to the latest Google Chrome version and see if the lag will still happen? 

If the issue persists, please connect with us in a case so we can determine what's causing the problem. We'll reach out soon after we hear from you!

Sebastian Chavez

I am not experiencing the problem in Chrome. Very strange that it's browser-specific but not affecting other sites for me. I also cleared my cache and cookies in Safari but that didn't help. I also tried turning Private Relay off and that made no difference. Are there any known compatibility issues with any Safari settings?

Sebastian L. Chavez Santos
CalREDIE Training & User Support Team Lead
California Department of Public Health
sebastian.chavez@cdph.ca.gov
(916) 300-0305 (m)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE WARNING: This transmission may contain confidential and proprietary information intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this transmission in error, any disclosure, copying, distribution, downloading, uploading or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited, and you are requested to immediately notify the above sender.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Sebastian,

I use Safari with Rise 360 and don't see any lag when editing my courses. I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify your experience: 

• Are you experiencing this lag when editing any Rise 360 course? Or is this happening to specific Rise 360 courses? 
  • For specific courses, are they heavy with media files and multiple lessons?
  • When you observe the behavior, are you connected to your corporate/company network? 
  • Are you running the latest available iOS version?

Also, your contact information came through as well. This Peek video will show you how to edit it out if you’d like!

Sebastian Chavez

Hi Jose,

Yes, I am experiencing the issue with other Rise courses, though the lag amount does seem to vary somewhat based on the lesson. I opened a lesson with just text and the lag is tolerable, but then opened a lesson with a couple images and it was noticeably worse. I also tried a new microlearning course and same thing, tolerable lag but still there. I am using Safari v17.4.1 in macOS Sonoma 14.4.1. I am not connected to a company network in this browser session.

Steven Benassi

Hi Sebastian!

Thanks for sharing the extra details!

Like my teammate Joe, I was unable to observe any lag when authoring in Rise 360 using Safari. I've opened a support case on your behalf so our support engineers can take a deeper look into this behavior. You're in excellent hands troubleshooting with them and they should be reaching out to you shortly!

We can continue the conversation through your case to keep all information in one spot.