Mini LMS

Mar 13, 2017

Hello,

I'm creating a few RISE courses that will be short-lived hence we don't want to upload to our LMS so wanted to know if there was an online area where I can store the course and it be available to our audience to take the course. Similar to the current 'share' option but with the ability to run a report to see who has completed it.

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Plan,

Great question - and currently the options for hosting Rise content are to use:

• The "Share" link to distribute the course to others and allow them to view directly in Rise.
  • Export for LMS, and then upload to an LMS for tracking and reporting. If you're not ready or able to place it on your live LMS system you could also look at using a site such as SCORM Cloud which is an industry standard for LMS courses. That may be a good interim solution for your courses. 
  • Export to Web, and then host on a web server of your choice. It won't allow for tracking, although I know some users had looked at using Google Analytics to do some tracking at least connected to how many people have taken the course. If you're looking for a web server, check out Amazon S3. 

Hopefully others in the community have some additional ideas and suggestions to share! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.