Plugins for hosting a Rise360 course on Wordpress

May 14, 2024

Can anyone recommend a good plugin for publishing a course to a Wordpress website - and being able to track user completion? We're looking to publish an e-learning that's available to anyone through our website but want to give them an LMS experience.

I've had some nightmare experiences with this in the past (plugins not tracking progress properly etc.) - but that was a couple years ago. 

Can anyone recommend  a plugin or tool that's worked worked for you?

2 Replies
John Cooper

The question you pose is an interesting one. I don't know if this thread I started might be of any use:

Loading RISE courses to an LMS - Rise 360 Discussions - E-Learning Heroes (articulate.com)

The thread discusses the challenges developers face when running RISE under an LMS. They are, as you say, tracking, but also course navigation. Typically, the LMS has a course/lesson/topic hiearchy and has a course menu - trouble is so does RISE!

Launching your RISE course in an iframe is problematic as you can lose the responsiveness of the content. But if you resort to launching the RISE course in a new window then the tracking issues emerge - particularly if you cannot control how the learner exits the course. If they just close the window then completion may not be tracked.

We did experiment using LearnDash and running RISE in an iframe (still under the control of the LMS) and got it working OK - we could adjust the iframe sizes for each block and supress the RISE course/lesson menu - but still got two scrollng bars down the right hand side, one for the iframe and one for the RISE block - but it wasn't too bad - acceptable I would say.

The somewhat depressing news is that, in the end, we abandoned it and now just use LearnDash with it's Elementor plug-in and made it look like RISE!

Good luck - if you find a brilliant solution please come back here and tell us...