Translating a Rise course - No luck.

Apr 15, 2024

Hey All, 

Anyone able to help out with some additional trouble shooting ideas for translating a course in Rise?

I've followed the instructions from this page -Rise 360: Translate Your Course - E-Learning Heroes (articulate.com) but when I import I'm not having any luck. 

The part I'm confused about it do I remove the English content from the XLIFF file I export? Or do I keep it in there? 

I've tried every possible combination with no luck. Hoping to test and show that Rise courses can be translated just as Storyline ones can. 

If anyone has anything they can share with me, keen to hear. 

Cheers, 

7 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Rebeca,

Happy to assist! 

Translating Rise 360 courses should be similar to Storyline 360 courses. As long as you use the proper translation tools like Trados or SmartCat, and you follow the instructions in the article that you shared, you should be able to translate Rise 360 courses without any issues. 

I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify your experience: 

• Are you encountering any errors or issues when importing your translation file? 
  • Which translation tool are you using to translate your files? 
  • Would you be able to share copies of your translation files here so we can check if they have the proper target tags?

You also don't need to remove anything from the XLIFF file. As long as you're using a translation tool, you'll just need to enter in the translated text and then upload the translated XLIFF file to the Rise 360 course as is. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

ryan jerred

We are unable to successfully get translated documents to load into Articulate RISE as well. After downloading the .tlf file (TRANSLATIONS - Step 2), opening in notepad++ to make 1 minor change, saving with SAME file name as the download, reloading to RISE (system states it completes successfully under TRANSLATIONS - Step 3 after upload...), returning to the course still shows all the original text content. Are there steps being missed here? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Lauren Connelly

Hello Ryan!

I'm sorry for the trouble! Are you importing the translation file back into the same course that you exported it from? The XLIFF file is content-specific, so it can't be exported from one deliverable and imported into another.

If you are still running into issues, I recommend connecting with our Support Engineers in a support case.