Workday LMS and Rise

Feb 07, 2019

Hello i reviewed the discussion on Rise and it states that "The Rise content will always resume if you're hosting in a Learning Management System (LMS) and the LMS supports the resume/bookmarking behavior."

Any Workday users on here?  Are your courses allowing learners to resume where they left off? Unfortunately, we are not.  Every time a learner completes a course, it starts them off again at the beginning as a new enrollment.  Thus impacting the complete and incomplete report that our managers see

18 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Eboni,

Have you tried testing your courses in another LMS environment such as SCORM Cloud?

That's what we generally recommend doing to determine whether the problem stems from the course or the LMS. Here's an article that walks you through how to do that.

If it works correctly on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is coming from the LMS and you'll need to talk to your provider.

If you see the same issue on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is likely coming from the course itself. If that's the case, please reach out to our support team.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Eboni DuBose

Thanks for the feedback.  I must have missed.  Normally if a learner finishes a course, it will asks the learner to resume where they left off or retake the course.  But the learners completion stays intact.  For Workday, this does not happen.  If the learner retakes the course, they now have a complete and an incomplete if they decide to retake the course and don't finish it.  I should have to set a mandatory course.  The learner should be able to take any course again that they have already completed. 

Now on compliance course, your right, we should set an expiration that clears a learners completion and ensures they take the course yearly.  

Dani Blount

Eboni, 

We are having the same issue with our Rise courses - it will not allow learners to start where they left off. However, maybe I can help a little? (Hopefully I'm not going too far out of my lane here...)

Do you all have the enrollment feature turned on or off? Sounds like it's turned off. If so, that means when a learner clicks "Begin" it resets their enrollment status. If enrollment is turned on, this is a duplicate enrollment meaning the learner completed the course > clicked "Enroll" again which resets their status and starts a new enrollment. The completed attempt is still there. The learner can drop the duplicate enrollment or admin can do it. Unfortunately, right now Workday doesn't have an EIB option for mass drop. 

We use the enrollment feature because we can use course validation rules (soft or hard errors) to warn or stop an employee when they are enrolling in a course they have already completed. If an employee wants to review content in a previously completed course, they don't need to re-enroll. They just need to open the course and review the content. 

Not sure if this helps, but feel free to reach out and we can chat more. Always love to connect with other Articulate/Workday users! 

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Sangeeta. If the quiz is being tracked as the completion requirement for your course, Rise should be sending that data to your LMS. Here are a couple of troubleshooting ideas to try:

• Upload your course to SCORM Cloud to compare how it reports in another LMS environment.
  • You can enable debug mode on your course to see the communication your course is sending to the LMS.

We're happy to help, too! Connect with us by clicking here, and you can even privately share your SCORM package for testing. We keep everything confidential.

Sangeeta Das

Thanks, Crystal for the response. Attaching debug report and have also attached the Rise export zip file with export settings. Would really appreciate it if you can check what is wrong with the settings. This is a test course that I am testing for Rise Quiz. There are 3 attempts after which the learners get to exit the course to record scoring. I am testing the fail scoring here, so you need to fail 3 times to test if the scoring is recorded correctly in Workday.

I have tested on Scorm Cloud and it comes back with this:
Completion: complete
Success: failed
Score: 67.00 %

P.S. We use SCORM 2004 4th version “Pass/Failed” with our LMS as SCORM 1.2 does not work well. All Rise courses, with SL block assessments work fine with these settings.

Regards,
Sang

Christa Novelli

Am I understanding correctly that the issues being reported here in relation to SCORM content loaded to WD Learning are:

• when a user completes the elearning and then goes back to relaunch it for review, it resets the user record to "in progress"; and
  • when a user leaves the course without completing and comes back to complete at a later time, the user must restart rather than resume where left off?

We are looking at WD Learning and Articulate is our primary authoring tool, so I'm doing some research on questions we need to ask.

Tracy Windsor

Okay I see this thread is over two years old.

I'm having an issue with Rise and Workday. Hoping some may have a solution.
My Issue:
I have a Rise course with 3 tries.
Depending on how I publish (passed/failed/complete/incomplete) in various combinations as well as 2004 vs 1.2 -- I haven't been able to successfully achieve what I need, which is if someone takes the course three times (not all in one sitting) they get a Failed and the course moves to their learning history. 

If someone doesn't complete the three tries in one sitting and goes back in again after failing, depending on which setting you choose. They get.

1. after first failure if they exit, the course moves to the Learning history and they are marked failed. 
  2. take and fail 3 times, stays in progress forever but they cannot retake because they were only allowed three tries.
  3. take and fail 3 times, stays in progress BUT they can 'retake' course from beginning because Workday doesn't limit attempts, you can take courses OVER AND OVER.

I'm in the process of testing all the various combinations, but so far not having much success (attached my results so far) anyone else have this experience and maybe a solution. In the meantime, I'll continue to test as time permits.