You’ve been asking for a simple way to track and display learner progress in your Storyline 360 courses, and we heard you! With the new slide numbers feature, you can easily insert progress indicators so that learners know exactly where they are in your course. One thing I love about this feature is that there are so many different options for displaying learner progress. Let’s take a closer look at a few of my favorites.

Slide Numbers

The most common way to let learners know where they are in your course is by showing them how many of the total number of slides they’ve completed, as shown in the screenshot below.

The best part about it is that Storyline 360 calculates the slide numbers automatically, whether your course is linear or not. See for yourself in this example.

Percent Complete

Another way to let learners know how they’re progressing through your course is by showing them the percent of the course they’ve completed, like you see in the screenshot below.

And just like the slide numbers, Storyline 360 calculates this percentage automatically. All you have to do is decide where you want it to appear in your course. It’s so easy! Check out this example to see how it works.

Visual Progress Meters

You don’t have to display the actual slide numbers or percent complete to make good use of this feature. You can also use it to create a custom visual progress meter, as pictured below.

Thanks to the prebuilt variables available in this feature, it’s easier than ever to create a personalized progress meter. Take a peek at this example to see one way to do that.

Learn More

Ready to take this new feature for a spin? Here’s a tutorial that’ll teach you how to set it up, step by step. If you don’t have an Articulate 360 subscription, you’ll want to snag a free 30-day trial first.

And of course, be sure to come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning. Questions? Comments? Let me know in the comments section below. 

11 Comments
L. Cree
Dr. Katie  Archer Olson O2EdTech