One example we often share in our Storyline workshops is the Broken Co-worker demo course. Even though this demo is mostly a click-and-reveal interaction, folks really like the comic book look because it doesn’t look anything like a typical e-learning course.
Challenge of the Week
This week, your challenge is to design your own comic book e-learning template. Try to include multiple slides so you can show how the template will carry through your content.
You can use Google Drive, Dropbox, PowerPoint, Word, Articulate Storyline, Articulate Studio ’09, or Articulate Studio ’13, to show and share your e-learning template.
For more information on using comic designs, check out the following posts:
Examples of comics in e-learning:
Posts and discussions from the Articulate community:
- 3 Ways to Make Your E-Learning Course Look Like a Comic Book
- Let Others Inspire Your Interactive E-Learning. Here’s How
- A Simple Way to Create Custom Callouts for Your Courses
- When is it Okay to Use Comic Designs in E-Learning?
- Be Inspired: Wally Wood's 22 Panels That Always Work
- Storyboarding a Serious Comic - Developed in Storyline
Online comic creation sites:
- Make Your Own Graphix
- Strip Generator
- Marvel Kids: Create Your Own Comic
- Comic Life (Mac-only)
Sharing your examples
- Comments: Use the comments section below to share a link to your published project. The comments section allows links but not attachments. If you have a question or want to share your source files, you should use the forums.
- Forums: Create your own thread in our forums, and share a link to your published source file. You can also attach your project files if you’d like some help or feedback.
- Personal blog: Post your published example on your own blog.
Last week’s challenge
Remember, there is no deadline for examples, so you can always post your examples to any of the previous challenges, anytime!
Take a look at the following examples shared in this week’s challenge:
- Alicia Durham shared a great example of DIY office and desktop graphics in this Personal and Professional Development course. Awesome example, Alicia!
- Montse Anderson shared a library-themed demo along with 100 free background graphics.
- Jeff Kortenbosch shared a set of awesome office backgrounds along with a Replay overview of his design process.
Have a Super-Power week, E-Learning Heroes!