When it comes to building e-learning, I’m always on the lookout for more ways to save time. In addition to these slide-building and visual design tips, I compiled this list of project-level time-savers to help you work even faster while also giving you peace of mind.  

1. Access your recent projects quickly by opening them from your taskbar

Instead of clicking through numerous folders to open a project you’ve recently been working on, save time by opening your project right from the taskbar.

1. Right-click the Articulate Storyline 360 app in your taskbar
  2. Select the project you want to open in the Recent list

Pro tip: You can also drag and drop a .story file to the Storyline 360 app in the taskbar to automatically pin your project for quick access.

2. Create a safety net by changing project AutoRecovery settings 

Set how often you want to recover your work in case you experience a power outage or the app shuts down unexpectedly. 

1. Click File
  2. Click Storyline Options
  3. Select AutoRecovery checkbox
  4. Adjust how often Storyline saves
  5. Click OK 

For more info, check out this article: Storyline 360: Setting Storyline Options 

3. Personalize your AutoCorrect options so you don’t have to think twice about misspelling

Choose which misspellings Storyline 360 will automatically fix for you. You can also edit phrases or company names you’ll use often by adding the abbreviated text and then having Storyline 360 automate the longer version (e.g., replace ‘arti’ with ‘Articulate’).  

1. Click File
  2. Click Storyline Options
  3. Click AutoCorrect Options
  4. Edit, add, or remove words 
  5. Click OK  

For more info, check out this article: Storyline 360: Setting Storyline Options

4. Replace specific text with another word or phrase all at once 

If a word or name you used throughout a project changes, no need to dig through each slide searching for it. You can easily find text to replace a specific word or phrase in any of your projects.   

1. Go to the Home tab
  2. Click the drop-down arrow next to Find/Replace
  3. Choose Find Text 
  4. Click Replace
  5. In the Find What field, enter the text you want to replace
  6. In the Replace With field, enter the new text you want to use instead 

For more info, check out this article: Storyline 360: Finding and Replacing Text

5. Create a seamless look by hiding the player controls in one click

If you added your own custom navigation features, then you don’t need to uncheck every menu and control option to turn off the player features. You can hide the modern player controls in just a few clicks. 

1. Go to the Home tab
  2. Click Player
  3. Scroll to Button Set
  4. Set the Menu & Controls option to Off 

For more info, check out this article: Storyline 360: Hiding the Player Frame for a Chromeless Design 

More Ways to Save Time

These are just a few of my favorite project-level time-savers. There is so much more you can do in Storyline 360.  

Want to save even more time? Then check out my other time-saving articles: 

I’d love to hear all the different tips and tricks you use to save time. Please share your ideas below. 

Want to try something you learned here, but don’t have Articulate 360? Start a free 30-day trial, and come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning. If you have any questions, please share them in the comments.

Related Content
Be the first to comment