Poor video quality

Aug 30, 2013

Normal 0 false false false oNotPromoteQF /> EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE

I wonder if anyone can help.  I am using Articulate Studio 09 and have come across an issue with the quality of videos coming through the Video Encoder.  I have created a screen recording using Tanida Demo Builder 9 and exported it in MP4 format.  The quality is excellent when I view the exported recording as a file on its own, but when I put it through Video Encoder to Publish as a flash file for inclusion in my module the quality becomes really bad.  I have the all the software and codecs suggested but it’s still poor quality.  I'm not sure what to do now.

6 Replies
Justin Grenier

Good Morning Kimberley, and welcome to Heroes!

I'd first recommend reading through this tutorial for some important quality considerations when converting a video to FLV.  If that doesn't help, read on!

Keeping in mind that some data will be lost any time you convert a video from one file format to another, there is a wide selection of third-party conversion tools on the market, including but not limited to Wondershare, Handbrake, AVS Video Converter, AppGeeker, and DownloadHelper Converter.  I say this not so that you'll use a different product, but so that you can try a comparison to determine whether or not any of these tools do a better job with your .mp4 file.

If you find that one or more of the above is able to retain better quality than Video Encoder, we want to know about it!  On the other hand, if you find that most tools have similar quality issues, you may want to contact Tanida to determine whether or not there is something that can be done to make your MP4s more conversion-friendly on their end.

You are also more than welcome to send us a copy of your .mp4 video file so that we can take a closer look.  Good luck!

Marcy Watzl

I'm having a similar problem with files that I'm using Encoder to convert from Movavi Video Suite (I've tried a lot of formats: wmv, avi, mpg, mov, etc.). I've also tried using Snagit for the video captures and haven't had success there either. If I convert directly to flash from Movavi, the video quality is much better (also the file size is larger), but sometimes when I upload to the Articulate site, those videos won't play, despite the fact that they work when I preview it in Presenter. (I'm using Studio '09). 

I'm doing testing right converting from a variety of formats, but when I work with screen capture videos, the quality coming out of encoder is unusable.  I've tried the different settings in the article you referenced above, but they don't seem to make much difference.

chin woo
Justin Grenier

Good Morning Kimberley, and welcome to Heroes!

If you find that one or more of the above is able to retain better quality than Video Encoder, we want to know about it!  On the other hand, if you find that most tools have similar quality issues, you may want to contact Tanida word counterto determine whether or not there is something that can be done to make your MP4s more conversion-friendly on their end.

I agree, I look forward to another such great article. Thank you! 

uni corn
Kimberley Sargent

Normal 0 false false false oNotPromoteQF /> EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE

I wonder if anyone can help.  I am using Articulate Studio 09 and have come across an issue with the quality of videos coming through the Video Encoder.  I have created a screen recording using Tanida Demo Builder 9 and exported it in MP4 format.  The quality is excellent when I view the exported recording as a file on its own, but when I put it through Video Encoder to Publish as a flash file for inclusion in my module the quality becomes really bad.  I have the all the software and codecs suggested but it’s still poor quality.  I'm not sure what to do now.

unicorn coloring pages

i am also having the same problem, it took me a lot of time, i have a headache