Advice - SMEs Using Team Seats 101

May 21, 2021

Hi all,

My company will start training our SMEs who want to do screen and motion captures for instructional content, simulations, and assessments to use storyline to do so.

I put together a decent package to train them on the mechanics of captures, saving the docs, etc. We will train them and then lend them a team seat for a short period of time to perform the captures (this way, they don't have to train us IDs on procedures). I hope that makes sense.

However, I want to make sure I am telling them the right things they need in preparation for that process - i.e., installing the SL software, getting an Articulate ID (is that needed if we are going to provide temporary access to a team seat)?

So, assume a person doesn't have any prior experience with Articulate. What do they need to do to be ready to train them on the process?

DL and install Articulate 360, SL 360?

Create an Articulate ID?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Brian C. 

2 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello Brian!

If you are offering a seat to an SME, then you'll want to first assign a seat to them. After, they'll receive an invitation via email and will need to click the link in their email to verify their Articulate ID. Next, they'll need to install the Articulate 360 desktop app. Finally, they'll install the programs on the Articulate 360 desktop app.

All of these steps are listed in detail here. To get up to speed with the software, we recommend launching Articulate 360 Training from the desktop app. Our training team offers recorded webinars, live webinars, and short clips that cover brief explanations of the features in Storyline 360 and Rise 360. If you're looking for more formal training, you can find more information on that here.