Articulate Storyline 360 and LearnDash

Aug 02, 2020

Hello,

I have a course built in Storyline 360 and I need to integrate it in Wordpress using LearnDash. 

I've seen other threads on this topic, but I'm still unsure on what to do. Should I publish the course for Web or SCORM? 

Do I need anything else apart LearnDash? I browsed the extension and.. I'm lost.

Any help or what steps to follow are appreciated.

Thanks!

9 Replies
Arrab Indal

Hi,
Exporting content package in HTML5 or SCORM or xAPI standard depends upon the reporting requirement and eLearning standards your LMS supports.

If your LMS supports all three types of packages, you can select like this:

1. Want a lot of learner activity data, then go for xAPI.
2. Want fewer learner activity data and want to use dead OLD LMS standard, go for SCORM.
3. Want no learner activity data just want to present content go for HTML5.

We use LearnDash LMS and it does not support xAPI or SCORM standard, but we were able to launch HTML5 content by uploading HTML5 Content package into hosting file manager or via FTP, then after extracting .zip package there and creating a link the index.html file.

After all this process we were able to launch the content in an iframe. It was to much work for us so we started searching about xAPI and SCORM standard and plugins that give direct upload and better content launch option in WordPress and integrates properly with LearnDash LMS.

We selected GrassBlade xAPI Companion because devs are doing a great job and adding more and more features the makes LearnDash a super LMS. It allows HTML5, xAPI, SCORM Content and a unique feature called advanced Video tracking to track every learner's activities on the video content and can do a lot more. I'm kind of secure in terms of future requirements.

We use GrassBlade xAPI Companion plugin with LearnDash LMS to upload and launch a Storyline Content in the lesson & topic & LD quiz. To use xAPI or SCORM Content and all the reporting requires GrassBlade Cloud LRS or Installable GrassBlade LRS so we use an LRS too.

One thing I like about GrassBlade xAPI Companion and GrassBlade Cloud LRS is it passes the Storyline Content score into LearnDash quiz reports If your content is added on LearnDash quiz page.

It is a good plugin and helps me save a lot of time in uploading content packages in FTP and creating URLs to play content. GrassBlade xAPI Companion integrates with LearnDash and gives me a lot of learner's data in the GrassBlade Cloud LRS to evaluate my learner's activities.

OMG, I wrote this long but I think it will help other LearnDash users in the community.