Audio and cue points

Aug 25, 2019

Hi, 

I have recently moved across to SL360 from SL2 and have noticed I can no longer see the waveforms in the audio timeline like I used to.  This always made it simpler to add cue points.  

Unfortunately also, when using the play button in the bottom left of the timeline, it does not play audio, so again it is difficult to add cue points whch need to be timed to audio.  

It is currently taking me twice as long now to go into the audio editor and scribble down the timings on a piece of paper then get back into the timeline to manually add the cue points.

Am I missing something?

4 Replies
Montse

The waveform should appear when the audio is set to play automatically when the timeline starts. If you're using a trigger to play the audio, then you'll see the audio icon instead of the waveform. I've attached a screenshot of both methods.

The play button in the bottom left always takes a 2-3 seconds before it begins playing.

Any chance you can post your slide so we can take a look?

Maura Sullivan

I am experiencing the same issue as Montse. My audio plays automatically. Nevertheless, I cannot see the waveform in Storyline360 at all. I don't see the icon that she has—instead I'm showing a flat line even when I change the timeline to the largest size.

It's very annoying to have to go into the Audio Editor and write down the exact time that something should occur and then create the trigger to match on the base layer or another layer. This is too much back-and-forth opening/closing and is slowing down my workflow.

Lauren Connelly

Hello Maura!

I'm happy to help! It sounds like the audio is playing automatically, the wavelength isn't displayed on the timeline, and the audio icon is not showing up. I'm sorry you're running into these snags.

First, the wavelength will appear on the timeline if there isn't a trigger that includes the audio. If there is a trigger for the audio, then the icon appears on the timeline. However, the audio icons should always appear in the slide view. With your permission, I'd like our Support Engineers to step in and take a look at your course. They'll be able to offer their expertise and explain what the fix is. You can connect with our Support Engineers by using a support case.