Audio mixing with SL360 Screencasts?

Aug 31, 2022

Hello Heroes! 

I've been posting a few times about this project I'm working through and thank you for all the insightful support, I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel now.  I'm recording a SME demonstrating a process while s/he is remotely accessing a proprietary software application on my screen.  I'm connecting us remotely through MS Teams and the audio of my SME is recorded but it's so very slight, despite any alterations to the basic settings.  I've tried several options but am now trying to get comfortable with the solution of connecting to the remote SME through Zoom, and then importing the recorded Zoom audio.  At first I thought it might be a hardware issue with the SME's audio, they are using ear pods and not a direct traditional microphone.  Turns out not to be hardware because the audio from the Zoom is great while the screencast audio is very poor.

Which brings us to today.  With my testing I recorded a screencast through SL360 of the SME demonstrating a process remoting to an application on my machine.  Again the audio from the screencast was pretty poor.  I also recorded the interaction connecting with him on Zoom.  I edited the audio on the imported screencast to mute that original recorded audio, and I imported the audio file from the Zoom.  Some editing to better synch the imported video to the screencast and it looks good.

The question then is this really is a number of steps for this solution.  Is there a better way?  Can the audio from the screencast be edited to get better results or are there pre-recording settings to check so I won't need to import the Zoom recorded audio at all?

Thanks again Heroes!!

4 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Karen, 

Thanks for reaching out!

Looks like you've already done some troubleshooting to diagnose the behavior. I went ahead and opened a support case on your behalf so our support engineers can take a look at what's causing the audio quality issues. Your case is in good hands, and someone from our support team will be in touch with you shortly!

Karen Palleschi

Update... I'm not sure if it was something in my original testing but I'm thrilled to say it all worked.  To be safe I recorded my Champions screens AND recorded the online meeting through Zoom.  In the "editing room" I'm realizing it might have been my original testing because the Champions' voices sound great with just a bit of boost on audio during the editing process.  Thanks!