Background color in Storyline 360 - how to remove when embedding in Rise

Jul 04, 2022

Hi there,
When I integrate Storyline 360 into Rise, it doesn't look seamless - I have seen it look better in a video somewhere.
How do I get rid of the black "padding" to make it more seamless?
Does it simply have to do with course size (responsiveness)?
I have tried with no player, modern player and the classic also with various colour changes - no difference and still this awful black background.
How do I remove it entirely, so the block in Rise is seamless - or is it simply impossible?
Attachments is of Rise in different window sizes plus my storyline sample file.
Best regards 
Nina

6 Replies
Tom Kuhlmann

You have a few things to consider:

• When you have media on the first slide, the browser creates the user activation button. By itself that space is black with the play button. When you insert the cover photo in the player, it will fill that space. Ideally it fills it perfectly, but sometimes there may be a few pixels that aren't filled, thus the black lines.
  • You're using a custom aspect ratio. If your slide was 16x9 you may not always run into the slight black lines.
  • The other issue is that your cover image is not the same aspect ratio as your slide.

The best fix is to create an extra slide that auto advances to the real first slide. Here's a video where I show the options.

Nina Sletten Tang Thomsen

Cheers Tom,

Thanks for responding so quickly and for your help.
I actually did the very same thing (resizing, extra front slide without media etc) - and it worked.
So glad to see that it actually is fixable and learn the reasons why media screws everything up on the first slide ;)).
Love these "work-arounds" :)

Best regards,
Nina

Jose Tansengco

Hello Marta, 

It looks like you used a "4:3 (720x540)" slide size for your embedded Storyline 360 course. If you are viewing your Rise 360 course on wide screen monitors, try changing the slide size of your Storyline 360 course to "16:9" to see if this reduces the amount of black space in the embedded block. You can also try setting custom slide sizes to see which ones will work best for you!

Ana Masis
How do you change the background color on a storyline?

Here's how.
  1. Go to the Home tab on the ribbon and click Player.
  2. When the player properties appear, make sure the Player Style is set to Modern. (Learn more about choosing a player style.)
  3. Click Colors & Effects on the ribbon, then choose the Custom option to select your background color. It's that easy!

I found this in Google... and it worked for me!