Buttons Disappearing on Storyline 360

Nov 08, 2022

Hello!

I have a course that is published on AWS and have shared the link with two users. It has come to my attention that the course had buttons that would randomly disappear, causing the user to reload the course (later resuming the course would work, but most times, it just causes more buttons to disappear later in the slides).

I recommended the users to do a hard reset on their chrome browser on their PC. I'm not sure why this is happening. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

For background, the buttons are PNG files with custom hover state, animations, and triggers to go to different slides.

Thank you!

Edit: Here are two videos that can show you what I mean! These are recorded on my computer.

3 Replies
Eric Santos

Hi Xuheng!

Thanks for reaching out; I'm happy to help here! Does the issue also happen on your end when you use the link?

A couple of things they can try is to ensure they're using the latest browser version and JavaScript is enabled. This recommendation is true for both Storyline and Rise 360.

Let me know how it goes!

Xuheng Fan

Hi, Eric!

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I tried it today and it's happening to me too. I just edited and attached two brief videos of what happens. Will you please take a look? I also emailed one of the Staff members and they shared that they're not experience what my test users and I are experiencing. My chrome browser is updated to the latest version, but even if it weren't, I have never experienced with this problem before with other projects that are similar.

Thank you so much!