Data tracking with Storyline 360.

Apr 12, 2021

I have build several Storyline 360 courses with quiz questions.  Is there a way for Storyline 360 to capture input from the user (like user name progress through course, answers to quiz questions) and pass the following information to an external file like Excel?  I am interested in finding a way to capture the data without using an LMS.  Any input would be appreciated.  

16 Replies
Math Notermans

Sounds interesting...so it will be independent from the LMS or host a course will run on... will it work in either HTML5 and Scorm output ( is Scorm needed then anyway ? ). Is it a realtime database ? That would be great...cause then realtime games can be made with it... as i do now too. Would love to experiment with it when you have it in beta... 

Courtney Hook

Is there a way to track users incorrect quiz/test answers within the LMS? Meaning, can the LMS aggregate the results in a way that allows our team to report out on the number of incorrect answers (problem areas) so that we can zero in on pain points and course correct/create targeted training? 

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Courtney and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

I appreciate you chiming in to share what you would like to see. It sounds like your question is specific to the capabilities of your LMS. Perhaps if you share what LMS you are using someone can chime in to share how they've set up aggregate reporting.

Elizabeth Franklin

Hi There,  just checking in on the original discussion question, as I would love for Storyline Articulate Staff to chime in.  Is there a way to extract the data from Storyline (input from user) and pass the information on to an external file independent of an LMS?  Thank you Matthew Bibby for suggesting the Bastiaans's Google Drive approach. 

Elizabeth Franklin

Hi Leslie, wondering if you have an answer the the original posting question.  Is there a way for Storyline 360 to capture input from the user (like user name progress through course, answers to quiz questions) and pass the following information to an external file like Excel?