Error in Storyline 360 editing any text causes an error

Jun 04, 2021

This is driving me up the wall. Whenever I enter a project, whether its a project that works on any other computer or even a new project, when I try to click into a text element I get an error popup that I attached as Capture1 along with an error code that I attached as well. When I click off the error and try to edit text I get a big red "X" in front of my slide (shown in Capture2). I click off of the text element and the slide reveals its self again. I can also type things in and I will see what I typed after clicking off the text element but as you can imagine that's not workable. I've tried following the guide on the site:

https://articulate.com/support/article/Storyline-3-How-to-Fix-Unexpected-or-Erratic-Behavior

as well as reinstalling and reverting back to versions. I've tried everything I can think of other than reinstalling Windows which is not going to happen. Please help.

1 Reply
Owen Court

Morning,

Having a look through the error log the error message you appear to get it:

"The resource loader failed to find MUI file"

I've had this issue previously on an older system which was due to an issue with Windows updates. Do you have any outstanding windows updates or driver updates that may be causing this issue? Always a good first port of call.

Otherwise, you could always raise a support ticket if this doesn't resolve your issue.

Owen