Help Choosing an LMS to work with new Storyline 360 Content

Apr 04, 2022

Hi Everybody, I ran a general internet search to determine what might work. There is an absolutely overwhelming amount of information coming out of the forums with many discussions posted that are 7 to 10 years old with almost no relevance to the current software. I found one discussion that recommended publishing the content to Scorm 2004, zipping the file and uploading it to Rise for an LMS, most of the details how to do this are dated and unclear. It is  probably not the best advice, given other articles I found related to Rise not being an LMS. I have created a ton of content in Storyline 360. I need to find a compatible and easy LMS to host and run the content, track test scoring, course completion, manage reminders and notifications, at a fair price. There is a need to have all of this information hosted on servers in Canada due to privacy laws and concerns of the client. Please help point me in the right direction, if you can. Thank you.

2 Replies
Joseph Francis

eLearning Industry posts a "best of" every year; here is the link to last year's:

Best LMS Solutions Of 2021

They also have the Learning Management Systems Complete Buyer's Guide, which can help answer more LMS-related questions.

You are correct, Rise is not a Learning Management System. Rise is a web application used to develop on-line learning.

While privacy laws are important, don't feel that you must be confined to Canadian-hosted solutions exclusively. LMS vendors are keenly aware of privacy concerns, that's why their hosted solutions adhere to the highest global privacy standards. A previous employer with a global footprint and one of the original 12 of the DJIA has had no issues using a 100% hosted solution to deliver highly-regulated and sensitive content to learners world-wide.