HELP Customer's Course ERROR - LMS did not return valid status code

I need help fast.   The customer uses an LMS.  We determined months ago that AICC, complete/incomplete worked to track completions in their system.   There system has not changed. 

The Storyline 360 course was republished about a month ago using the same publish settings.  They were pointing to the /index_lms.html file.

However, the customer is reporting that the link gives an Error - LMS did not return valid status code error.  I have attached the screen shot. They are using Chrome.  The error is intermittent. The old index_lms_html5.html works sometimes but not others.

They tried to link to the story.html file instead but, of course, that does not track completions.

Any ideas? Thanks, Denise

 

11 Replies
Katie Riggio

Greetings, Mona!

Our team is still knee-deep in troubleshooting with Denise, but the issue may stem from a firewall setting. First, tell me more about your experience:

  • What version of Storyline are you using? Click the Help tab, then About Storyline.
  • What LMS are you using to host content?
  • It sounds like this error appears in Chrome. Do you see this message in the same browser or another one?
Mona Smith

Thanks for looking into this. This courses we are seeing this on were built in Storyline 360. I am using version V3.43.22859.0

We see the error in Chrome and Edge. The course runs as designed in IE. Our LMS is SuccessFactors.

We publish two ways. For our Internal customers, we publish to our LMS and the courses are loading perfectly in all browsers.

The courses that we are having issues with are for our external customers. We publish these as AICC and place on our external server. We then send the URL to the dealers to launch the content. I don’t know if this has anything to do with the error, but we have noticed that the URL changes from https://COURSENAME/index

Bennett Roberson

HI, I am having the same issue. "ERROR - LMS did not return a valid status code". The strange thing is I have three computers with Storyline 3 on them and two of the three have this error message every time the module is launched in our LMS. The third computer with Storyline 3 can take the unpublished material, publish it, and put it into the LMS and there is no issue. The only difference I see is that the computer that still "works" was the first one to have Storyline 3 installed. It is also the oldest and slowest. I have submitted a support case but have not heard anything back. Since I was using Articulate '13 previously I need to get all of our training modules converted by the end of the year and this is a major road block. Please get back to me with what can be done to get this corrected. FYI I uninstalled and reinstalled Storyline 3 on both of the computers that  are getting the ERROR message but it did not help.