How can I get full size output in storyline 360 ?

Jun 29, 2021

I am using slide dimensions as 2047(w)& 1535(h).

I have also turned off the "menu & controls" and have selected fil to screen for browser settings.

When I take the output I see a lot of space occupied by the player(Please check screenshot) and the slide comes in the center. 

Please suggest how to resolve it.

3 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Leela!

Thank you so much for sharing a screenshot! I see the extra spacing in the browser window as well. I'd recommend using a different Story Size. Here's a screenshot where I've compared the two Story Sizes: 2047 x 1535 and 960 x 540.

Another great resource is this Aspect Ratio Calculator!

Let me know if switching your story size does the trick!

Julie Stelter

I'm using a 16:9 screen ratio (720x405px). Is the learner always going to see the white space above and below the screen if using the modern player and a tablet? If this is the case, what do people do about it? One of the issues is that my background is a textured white, so the floating really shows up.

John Morgan

Hi, Julie!

Good news!! You can add a full-screen toggle to the player to eliminate some of that white space! Here is an article with the steps on how to do that! Also, with tablets, like the iPad, the screen ratio is 4:3. So when using the 16:9 ratio you will have some space around the course. I hope this clarifies things a bit!

Thanks for reaching out!