how to remove the "gap" between the top of the Canvas page and the Storyline 360 SCROM 1.2 ?

Aug 24, 2022

Hi,
I want to remove "Gap" between the top of the canvas page and the storyline 360 SCROM 1.2 package.

I am attaching the screenshot. 

Please have a look and let me know if there is a any solution.

1 Reply
Math Notermans

Basically this is not a Scorm or Storyline issue but is related to Instructure Canvas and how it handles Scorm.

If you have access to Canvas Theme's and the Theme-editor you can change the CSS to fix this.

css1

Here you see a Scorm i uploaded and set as a 'page' and having exactly the same issue.
Big space above the Scorm.

css2

To fix this you can use your console to see what CSS class you need to change... as you see here i did that ...changing the wrapper value for top: -210px

If you find what class to change and you can change it in your theme...well that works fine.
But i imagine that you donot have access to your theme-editor in Canvas...so how to change it then...

Donot upload your Scorm as 'Page'. Upload it as 'unmarked assignment' as you see here.

css4
As you can see in the sample below as is, its a lot better layout-wise...

canvas5

And as extra you now have the option settings to set the assignment to load fullscreen.

css6

And if all aint working as you want, you can upload your Scorm to the Files-section and use the story.html as a page in your course either directly or as iframe.

Hope this helps...

Kind regards,
Math