Hyperlink Issues

Apr 08, 2021

I'm having a couple different issues with hyperlinks since updating my Articulate 360 account. 

The first issue has occurred with a course that has already been published to our LMS. Many learners completed is successfully. At the end of the course, there are 10 knowledge check questions. In between question 5 and 6, there is an instruction slide which includes a hyperlink. The learner is supposed to open that web page to locate information to answer the remaining 5 questions. Recently we've begun having quite a few learners who can't seem to get back to the training after clicking on this link. When they come back and resume the training, they are all returned to the same slide in an earlier module and they never get to the 6th knowledge check question.

Now I've just published a new project I'm working on in Review 360 and am trying to test another external link.  This time, I can't get it to open at all.  I can tell a hyperlink is there because the pointer turns to a hand, but when I click, nothing happens.  I've tested the link within storyline and it opens to the correct website.  Not sure why I seem to be having these problems with external links recently. Any thoughts...?

5 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Kathryn.

Thank you for reaching out!

Based on the details you provided, it seems the hyperlink issue is happening in your LMS and in Review 360 after publishing. 

Since it's working within Storyline, my initial thoughts would be that it's browser-related. Do you have a pop-up blocker in your browser? 

I'd also like to take a look at your file, if possible. Would you be able to share it publicly here or privately through a support case

Ren Gomez

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the follow-up! If you're running into issues uploading the full course through our private case submission, perhaps you can pare down the file down to the quiz portion or even provide a sample file with the link included! 

This will give our team something to work with to better figure out what's happening here. Thanks!