Inserting 360 degree images into StoryLine 360

Apr 09, 2019

Greetings!  I recently purchased a Gear 360 (2017) to try and learn how to use 360 degree images to create a virtual environment (long term goal).  Right now, I took a couple 360 degree images and would like to see if I can embed them into a SL360 project I'm currently working on.  It's a "nice to have" not "need to have" but I would still like to learn how to do it, if it is even possible.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

46 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jessica, 

This feature is in beta, and our initial ship date shifted after feedback from our beta users! Apologies for any delay that's causing you - but we'll be certain to let folks know as soon as that feature is ready! We're excited to see how you put it to use in your e-learning courses.

Evangelina Theobald

Hello!

This is such an interesting discussion!! I have found a workaround. Hope it is useful! Embed your 360 video from youtube. I added my 360 video to Youtube and then embedded it into Storyline. Finally, I used the video converter from the 360 camera to embedded the picture as a web object. 

https://etheobald.com/ArticulateSamples/MarcoIsland/story.html

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, everyone!

I have exciting news to share!
We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 54, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the features we’ve included is:

Create immersive learning experiences with 360° images. Add interactive elements, such as hotspots and markers to engage learners as they explore.

360° images are currently in public beta for Storyline 360, which means you can use them for production as we continue to enhance them.

To take advantage of this feature, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by posting here or directly reaching out to our Support Engineers

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Stephen!

I'm so happy you're as excited as we are for the new feature! 

I just wanted to add a quick note: it looks like your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove it by clicking ‘Edit’ below your response. Here’s a quick Peek 360 video if you need help.