Invalid Answer to multiple choice interaction in Storyline 360

May 30, 2023

Hi all!
I'm newish and trying to learn. I'm especially interested in creating accessible learning. 

So I was very thrilled to run across the EL Challenge regarding accessible design. 

One of the cleverest there was made by Thierry who shared his work. I imported it and want to attempt to recreate it, but I've run across an oddity.

"Invalid Answer... Must complete quiz". 

I will upload the piece where in I have Thierry's unadulterated (which works fine), and mine which I've done only superficial changes but does not work. 

And let me be clearer...

Thierry's brilliance was allowing drag and drop if you use a mouse, but a keyboard only user can get the same effect by selecting the correct answer and a motion path will drag the box over. 

When you look at Scene DragandDrop1, that is Thierry's unaltered work. When you look at Scene DragandDrop3, that is where I began to change things. I change the names of the rectangles and changed them back. I broadened the drop zone. Not much else. 

Jumping between the working and the broken, I just don't see what's up. 

Thanks in advance!

Walter

3 Replies
Walt Hamilton

When something is working, and stops working, look for what changed. i heard a professional troubleshooter once say "All problems are a result of change."  You said:

I change the names of the rectangles and changed them back. I broadened the drop zone. Not much else.

When you broadened the drop zones, you moved the right edges outside the line.  So when the answer moves on the motion path, it first intersects with the drop zone, which changes the state of the checkbox to selected. then it intersects with the line, which changes the state of the checkbox to Normal. Therefore, no answer is selected, which makes the system think the quiz is incomplete.

It works when the answer is dragged, because it intersects with the line before it is dropped.

In both cases, the second state change persists.

Move the zones to the left, or the line to the right so the answer intersects the line first.