Is there a way to edit font size & color of the notes throughout a project in Storyline 360?

Feb 01, 2017

Hello!

Is there a way to edit font size & color of the notes throughout a project in Storyline 360? As I understand, this is one of the promised features for Storyline 360, but I cannot find a way to do it. Please help. Thank you!

-Aaron

Pinned Reply
Lauren Connelly

Hello all!

If you're still subscribed to this discussion, I wanted to share that the feature mentioned has been released! In Storyline 360 (Build 3.85.31840.0), you can now instantly update the formatting of all slide notes in your project.

From here, all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team in a support case. 

69 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Aaron!

You can change the default text color for notes in the Player settings. Here's how:

1. Go to the Home tab on the Storyline ribbon and click Player.
  2. When the player properties open, click Colors & Effects on the ribbon.
  3. Click Show advanced color editing.
  4. From the Edit item drop-down, select Editor >> Text.
  5. Use the Color selector to choose a theme color or standard color. If you don't see the color you want, use the Eyedropper to match a color from anything visible on your screen or click More Colors to choose a custom color.
  6. Click OK to save your player.

You can also change the font size of Player text within the Player settings. The default player font size is 100%, but you can increase that to make the font larger. Just be aware that this will affect the font size of player text, not including the Notes. 

To increase the font size of the Notes text, you'll have to make that change within the Notes panel in Slide View

I hope this helps!

Lu Post

I changed the percentage size of the Player Font from 100% to 110% (and also 125%) in the Player in an attempt to increase the size of the text in the Notes tab across the course. While this did update the size of the font on the player and in the Menu, it did not impact the Notes tab. That appears to be staying at a 9pt font size. We've had many people comment that a size of 9 pt is too small to read, which requires us to change the size on each slide from the Home tab.  Is this the expected functionality. I am using Storyline 360.  Thank you!

Alyssa Gomez

I'm so sorry for the confusion, Lu. That was my mistake. Currently all of the notes editing can be done in Slide View on a slide-by-slide basis, but I definitely understand how the ability to make global changes would make life easier. That's a popular request here in ELH, and I'll be glad to bring the idea back up to the team. 🙂

Stephen Anthony

Hi Alyssa, Any progress on applying the Notes formatting globally for Storyline 3 (not just 360)? I exported for translation with white text, but when I import the translated text with the same formatting as the output, it applies a black text throughout. I am doing this for 21 languages...would not prefer slide-by-slide formatting. :) 

Leslie McKerchie

Well Stephen,

I think you've actually identified a bug. I'm getting this written up and reported to my team.

Seems that post import, you can no longer change the color of the Notes font and it is stuck at black.

I was able to re-create this issue in both SL360 and SL3.

I wanted to share some information on how we define bugs and how we tackle them when they occur.

I'll attach this thread as well so that we can update you when we can.

Thanks for the explanation Stephen!

Ruchika Setia

Hi Leslie, 

I see that this post is from 2 years ago. Has any fix been found for this bug? 

I'm converting close to 50 global trainings to Storyline and had to import from powerpoint. I want to use the Modern Player and Dark Theme. 

But all notes have been imported in black text and am unable to change the color of notes except by going slide by slide and selecting and changing color. 

Did Articulate Team ever find a solution for this?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Jan DeShazo

I cannot believe with all the other bells and whistles Storyline has that customers are still having to go slide by slide to update the Notes!  I am so disappointed.  Storyline is suppose to save me time.  This has cost me a lot of time. It's mainly due to having to do things slide by slide.  My PowerPoint slides are not importing correctly so they are not absorbing the Master Slide layout so I'm having to add a new slide, add layout and then copy and paste each slide and then have to redo all the text and then have to redo the timing as well.  This is not what I expected from Storyline.

Just to reiterate, I'm wanting to vote to get the Notes changeable over the entire file.

Thank you for listening!