Is there a way to use Storyline 360 on a Mac?

Feb 23, 2018

I'm new to Articulate360. I love the platform but I'm realizing that there's some amazing stuff that can only be created in Storyline. But I don't have Windows. Is there a way to use Storyline on an Apple computer? Or a way to use it online as Rise?

Thanks for your support!

96 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi, William. Great question, and thanks for sharing your insight with us!

While we haven't announced plans for a native Mac version of Storyline, it can be installed on a Mac with Parallels Desktop, VMware Fusion, or Apple Boot Camp. In fact, we've created these short videos to walk you through each program's process.

Many members on our team, myself included, use a Mac daily, so we appreciate its properties. Most of us also use Parallels to run a Windows environment, so please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions!

Thanks again for adding your voice, and we're here if you need anything else!

Anthony Goss

I may be wrong, but I think a Mac version of Storyline was mentioned in the beta program before 360 was launched but then it was tabled.  I use a Mac and Parallels.  It seems to work fine for the most part as long as you don't share files with the Mac.  I followed the recommendations that Articulate made regarding setup, so I would encourage you do that.  

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Peter,

We've shared all the information and best practices regarding working on a Mac with Storyline/Studio, so there hasn't been much more for us to add here.

I'd like to help with the issue you've run into using Rise 360 on your LMS though. What trouble have you encountered uploading the LMS export in your environment? Our Support Team is available 24/7 to help too! 

Philip Roy

Agreed. I know of few companies who promote their Windows software as being able to be used on a Mac. I also think on this page, the question "Can I install Storyline 360, Studio 360, and Replay 360 on my Mac?" should first be answered with "No", before explaining that the software can be run under Windows on a Mac.