Issues with using Inter font in Storyline 360

Jun 07, 2021

Hi

Has anyone experienced issues when using the Google Inter font in Storyline 360? We recently started using this font and I am minding that as soon as I select the font when creating my slide master it seems to make Storyline 360 glitch. Specifically I am trying to make the slide text use this font and as soon as I select it the slide font boxes disappear across all the slides and  then gives an error message and wants to send an error report (which I have done). 

I have tried uninstalling the fonts and redownloading them but still getting the same issue. 

Has anyone else experienced this and how did you get around it?

Thanks. 

Leanne

4 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Leanne!

I'm sorry you're running into this issue with the Google Inter font! We see the same issue on our end and have logged this behavior as a possible software bug.

The current workaround is to use OTF Inter fonts instead of TTF.

I've linked this discussion to our report to update you when we release a fix. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Lauren Connelly

Hello Leanne!

Great news! We released a new update for Storyline 360 today. In Update 54 (Build 3.54.25674.0), we fixed the bug where enabling Modern Text when using TTF Inter Fonts causes Storyline 360 to crash.

Now all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app! If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out for help in this discussion or a support case.

SantiaX - Company

Hi Lauren,

I also have a problem with Inter font, altough a different one: Storyline shows all the text only as Inter Regular. No matter if I choose Bold, Light,... any different weight of the font than the regular one. In editor it look all right but in Preview and in exports it's all just the same (regular) weight.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the font as well as Storyline, I've tried it on a different device and nothing helps. Could you help me with that, please?