Motion Path help!

Apr 26, 2023

Hello e-learning community.

Trying to get repeating motion path to repeat continuously on the attached project for the serial communication graphic, a little complicated as I have state changes so that the bit order is correct on the graphic, but it is only repeating twice, whereas the parallel communication graphic repeats consistently. 

I am sure that I am missing an easy trigger to get it to work but having some brain fog. :(

Thanks for any help you can offer

4 Replies
Michael Hebert

Hey Ron thanks for the quick reply I did try that before but, when I do that then everything repeats as intended, however I can only see bits 0 through 3 travel across the motion path repeatedly leaving 4-7 never seen, I am thinking that it has to do with the timeline delays on the slide triggers, but struggling a bit (no pun intended) to get it to work the way I want. Thanks again for the quick reply. Attached here is the new state changes showing what I mean.

Luciana Piazza

Hi Michael, 

Thanks so much for the update. I'm sorry to hear you ran into an issue with the bits not showing up as expected. I understand your frustration!

I have a workaround for you!  By moving the Bit starts closer to the start of the timeline, you are able to see Bits 0-8 appear on rotation for the duration of your slide:

Attached you'll find the updated .story file. 

Please let us know if you have any questions!