Next button

May 07, 2021

Hey there,

I'm having a issue getting a disabled Next button to reappear using triggers. I have done this many times with normal interactions and triggers, but I am trying something new using sliders and a graded test. Right now I have three sliders on the screen. With each step it jumps to a multiple choice slide. Once they answer (correctly or incorrectly) it brings them back to the original slide with the slider where they can advance again. Once they have answered all the questions for each slider it does to a disabled state (which makes it disappear).  All that works fine, but when I try to have the Next button reappear, I can't get it to. I can see it reappear for a second on the last question option, but when I come back to the original slide, the next button is disabled still. Hope that makes sense. The original slide with the sliders is on a  resumed state. It all seems to be happening on whatever last slider question.

Hope I can get some guidance cause I'm racking my brain. Not a source file I can share in public, but maybe someone from the staff can look at it. Thanks in advance!

1 Reply
Becca Levan

Hi Joel,

Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like you're having a hard time changing the state of a button from disabled to normal when revisiting a slide, and we're happy to provide some guidance! 

Without seeing the triggers and states of the button, it's hard to say what's causing it to stay in the disabled state. From here, I'd like to enlist one of our support engineers to take a look. Feel free to upload the .story file here privately, and someone from my team would be happy to lend a hand!