Paragraph formatting in Storyline update July 2022

Jul 28, 2022

Hello, I have just updated my Storyline to the latest version and I see that you have made changes to text items ie the little animation symbol in the timeline similar to Adobe products.
However, I now find formatting paragraph text a little odd;

- it seems difficult to get a 'new' piece of text formatting the same as an 'old' piece of text especially with

- indenting and removing/changing indentation

- sub bullets (ie bullet list level)

- a highlighted portion of text - now the help pages say click on each individual line. but we use to be able to format a highlighted selection at once? So if I want 5 lines as sub bullets I have to click my cursor and indent 5 times? 

- margins seems to work differently new vs. old too

Any tips or pointers on this now!? What took me minutes has now had me struggling to match old and new text and having to make all new!

Just noticed that on text paragraph animations, we have also lost the option to animate as a block or per paragraph? Bit frustrating having to break it all down into separate text boxes now....

1 Reply
Luciana Piazza

Hello Steven!

Thanks so much for reaching out, and I'm sorry you have been experiencing this. I understand it's frustrating to not see your text formatting the way you would like. 

This morning, we have a brand new update to our most recent version of Storyline 360 (Build 3.66.28355.0

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

Additionally, if you could please send along screenshots of what you are experiencing, we can better assist you! 

Let me know if that does the trick!