Publish to Modern SharePoint Site (Rise + Storyline 360) - Solved

Sep 18, 2019

Hi All,

As many others, I have been struggling with publishing rise/storyline 360 to WEB and putting it on a modern SharePoint page. Unfortunately I am not allowed to use a 3rd party web servers or FTP so here's what I did.

• Upload your unzipped course folder with all the files to your Onedrive.
    Make sure your target group in your organization has "read rights" by changing the access rights of that folder.
  • Save the story_html5.html  as story_html5.aspx 
    I removed the original and kept the story_html5.aspx only
    I also removed the story.html

When I published a rise course I saved the index.html as index.aspx
  • Get the link to your story_html5.aspx or index.aspx file and use e.g. a HERO web part to add it to your SharePoint. Clicking on the link will open your course in a new tab without prompting you to download any html.

Tested in IE, Edge, Chrome

I still do have a problem and I hope someone else can help me out on this.
If I want to embed videos, it creates HTML files and those slides don't work. Changing those to .aspx didn't help.

So for now, I just try to avoid anything that creates further HTML files in the published content folder. I put the video in the course instead of using a link or embedding from youtube, from vimeo or from the company's internal video hosting platform.

I hope I could help.

Cheers,

Daniel

35 Replies
Jennifer Brown

If you're using Windows, you can look at the view for the windows browser where you see those files, and check File name extensions. Then you can do the slow click to edit the name, and change the file extension to .ASPX.

[cid:image001.png@01D99F92.104020A0]

Alternatively, you can right click on each file you need to change, and select Properties.

[cid:image002.png@01D99F92.AB29DF70]

[cid:image003.png@01D99F92.AB29DF70]

[cid:image004.png@01D99F92.AB29DF70]

You will get a Rename warning: "If you change a file name extension, the file might become unstable. Are you sure you want to change it? Yes or No are the options; select yes. Note that changing file extensions is a very uncommon thing to do. This is one of those rare ties when you should.

[cid:image005.png@01D99F92.AB29DF70]

The file extension is now changed. Because of my system settings and personalizations, the icon is now the text file icon. The Type is now ASPX file.
[cid:image006.png@01D99F92.E96014D0]

Jose Tansengco

Hello Diana,

Happy to help!

Looks like the attached screenshot that you shared wasn't able to capture the error message you encountered. Here's what it looks like on our end when opened (just blank): 

Would you mind taking a new screenshot so we can get a better idea of the error that you're getting? 

If you're having issues with uploading your content to Sharepoint, here's a helpful article that you can check out: 

Michelle Braun

Just wanted to put an update on here- we followed this process and it still didn't work for us.  We were finally able to make it work by contacting our SPO administrator who had to enable custom scripting.  After they enabled this, it worked! So if you are running into an error, maybe check with the SPO admin.