Results Slides

Dec 06, 2021

Hello, 

I'm new to Storyline 360.

My success user percentage is calculating but my failure user percentage is not.

I started from a template and have developed 4 scenes with 4 results slides 

I have a required 100% pass rate set for the results (they are easy quizzes).

1) 1.1 Freeform slide with sorting of objects into two boxes + 1.2 Results slide

2)2.1 Freeform slide with sorting of objects into two boxes + 2.2 Results slide

3) 3.1 Freeform slide with sorting of objects into two boxes + 3.2 Results slide

4) 4.1 Results slide which will collect passing scores from the first three scenes and send pass/fail to LMS (pass given you can't get here unless you pass all three prior quizzes)

10 points per correctly sorted item (left it at default), 0 points for for wrongly sorted item.

I dug through the variables and found that some of the results had a 1 and some had no number in the naming so I made sure they're all using the 1 consistently in the triggers.

I just can't seem to figure out the issue.

Thanks for any help!

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

Hi, Martina,

Each Results slide needs to have its own set of scoring variables. Storyline creates these automatically when you insert a new Results slide. 

• The variables associated with the first Results slide don't have numbers, e.g., "Results.ScorePoints."
  • The variables associated with subsequent Results slides do have numbers, e.g., "Results1.ScorePoint" for the second Results slide, "Results2.ScorePoints" for the third, etc.

You should never copy-and-paste, duplicate, nor import a Results slide. Storyline won't recognize those and won't give them the proper variables. It'll just mess up all the scoring. 

You need to go back and...

• Ensure that each Results slide has its own set of built-in variables.
  • If not, create new Results slides where necessary.
  • Ensure the triggers on each Results reference the variables for that slide.