Screen Recording Captions

Feb 01, 2022

I want to know if it is possible to edit all screen captions on the screen recordings so that when I insert the recordings as a demo or try it they display the same wording.

I thought this was possible rather than having to do each scene every time.

2 Replies
Gonzalo Corral Galindo

Hello Mark, 

The following text is from this link and I believe it may have the answer to your question. or maybe I misunderstood the question? Let me know!

"If your caption files have the same names as your media files and are stored in the same folder with the media, they’ll automatically import into Storyline 360 when you import your media.

For example, if I have a video called MyVideo.mp4 and the corresponding caption file is named MyVideo.srt and is located in the same folder, I only need to import the video into my Storyline project, and the captions will automatically import and sync with the video."

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Mark.

Thank you for reaching out!

The original recording can be inserted as View, Try, or Test Mode. When you choose one of those options, the changes you make won't affect the original recording, which is why it's not possible to convert to a different mode while keeping the edits automatically. Is this what you're looking to do?

We have a feature request logged for the ability to convert edited screen recording modes to other modes, and it's linked to this discussion, so we'll come back to update you when we have news to share.