Sequence drop-down question not working in Review 360 in Internet Explorer 11

Oct 07, 2020

Hi Everyone!

I have a Storyline course in Review 360 that is fine when viewed in Chrome and Edge (and when previewed in Storyline), but in Internet Explorer 11, the sequence drop-down question does not work. When I click the drop downs, I can see the choices, but it won't let me select choices and submit. Is this a known issue? 

(This course may be housed in our LMS or possibly on our website.  I have not tested the output anywhere but Review 360 yet.) 

8 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello Heather!

I'm happy to help! I've recreated a similar course on my end and published the course for Review 360. It is working as expected in Internet Explorer 11. Here's the link.

I'm publishing for HTML5 Only and using the Modern Player. How are you publishing the course to Review 360? 

If you'd like to share either the .story file or Review link, I'm happy to take a look.

Heather Dzwonek

Thank you for your help Lauren!  I really appreciate it.

Your example works fine for me in Chrome, but not in I.E.  I wonder if it is the version of I.E. that we use?  The reason that some of my users have I.E. as their default browser is because some of our enterprise systems are dependent on I.E. I may have to just create a different question type. 

I've attached an MP4 that shows the behaviour that I experience, and a screenshot of the version of IE that we use. 

Any insights that you have would be very much appreciated! 

Heather Dzwonek

Hi Leslie,

My Compatibility View is not on for any sites.  I've only tested in Review 360, so it isn't my LMS or intranet doing something weird.  

I have had multiple co-workers try the e-learning using IE, and it is actually working for most people, but not everyone.  So, perhaps it is something in the IE settings.  

I've also tried resetting my IE settings to default and clearing the cache... it didn't help.  

Katie Riggio

Hi Heather!

Thanks for confirming those details as we try to get to the bottom of this inactivity. We appreciate you.

Like Lauren and Leslie's experience, the test interaction slide works on my end in the same version of IE as well.

Resetting the browser settings and clearing the cache was a good move. Since that didn't help, I'm going to bring our Support Engineers to the table. Look out for an email from us in your inbox.

We'll see you there!

Heather Dzwonek

Hi Michael!  Articulate support looked into the issue further and it was related to the specific build of IE11 that was running on some of our computers.  Patches and upgrades are rolled out incrementally in the organization, so some users had the newer version of IE11 and some had the previous build.  If you get the user to give you a screenshot of their exact version of IE, it is probably different from yours.   I'm sorry, but I can't find my original email with the exact numbers for the version. There was no work around for the problem.  We decided to instruct our learners to  always use Chrome.   (IE was causing poor performance in our LMS too.)