SL - 360 Images (Immersive Images) - Colored Icon/Different Icons

Jan 04, 2022

Hi, LOVE the 360 Image support (Though I think we need a new name since Storyline 360 and 360 Storyline Images or 360 Images in Storyline 360 is a bit confusing..... Storyline Immersive Images perhaps?)

The Tool Tips were exactly what I needed for a project.  Thank you!

But I have a few questions on the marker icon that I can't seem to find answered already.  Can we:

• Use other icons than are in the online icon library?
  • Can we use transparent or different color icons? (I know you can modify the Accent Color around the icon)

I have included an example below.  Here I took a target icon from the library and put it into an immersive image.  I'm looking to try and use depth so found a skewed icon.  I then changed the accent to try and reflect the background.

Ideally I would like the background omitted since it doesn't skew with the icon and be able to have a skewed and red target icon on the floor with a transparent back.

Possible at all? Could I import something? Any ideas?

Thanks!

George

1 Reply
Lauren Connelly

Hello George!

I'm happy to help. Love the name idea! I'll be sure to share that with our team.

There isn't a way to add icons to markers outside of the icon library yet. We have this logged as a feature request so I've linked this discussion to the report so we can update you if this makes it on our feature roadmap.

Unfortunately, selecting a transparent or different color icon isn't an option with 360 Images yet. The colors are based on the contrast of the accent color. I'll share this with my team too!

Thanks for taking the time to share both of these requests with us! I'll keep you updated in this discussion.