Stop motion animation in Storyline 360

Jan 31, 2018

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to stop a motion animation on a trigger?

Sharing a sample of motion animation where when we click the "Fly" button the Helicopter starts to fly. i have added a "Land" button on clicking of which the helicopter stops when the circular animation completes. Is there a way to stop the motion path animation immediately when i click the button or an action is triggered. 

If i click the Land button the motion animation should stop immediately.

Link to sample output: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/dc5e3554-1c46-4ff3-90b3-6f43c300e4db/review

Thanks

12 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mayuresh,

I'm sure that there may be another user in the community who could help! Does anyone know how to stop a particular path based on a user interaction?

Also, it sounds like you've got a good idea for a feature request! Our product team loves hearing new ideas--share yours with us right here. 😁 

Walt Hamilton

For a motion path, you can do this:

Change variableNumber add 1 when MotionPath1 completes

Move object on MotionPath1 when MotionPath1 completes if variableNumber is less than X

Unfortunately, SL's only other animations are entrance and exit animations, which by nature can only occur when an object enters or exits.

Or did you have in mind some sort of stand-alone animation? I'd be interested in hearing exactly what you need.

Tzipora Katz

Thank you, Walt. That will work for a portion of my slide. I have objects on motion paths and the learner has to click on the appropriate ones to reveal an image that relates to the topic (think MathBlaster! games). Currently, I'm just hiding the object once it's been clicked but would like it to just stop if possible. The number variable will work for the distractors on the slide. 

I FIGURED IT OUT!

I added a T/F variable to the 'correct' object and have it loop the animation as long as the variable is False. Once clicked on the loop ends. I also changed the state to hidden for visual ease. I'll post a sample as soon as I have a few more objects on the screen. 

Thank you for pointing my brain towards the variables. 

Tzipora

gian carlo

i need this too. i'm creating a "Space Impact" kinda game but i want to add borders on the screen so the space ship will stop when it hits the border. or something like that. but i cant and the ship will go out of bounds always. I'm looking for an "stop animation when objects intersect" feature.

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Gian.

Thank you for reaching out!

I'm not sure if this is your scenario, but if you are using a motion path with the object, one suggestion is to add a condition that the animation should only happen if a variable is False. You can then change it to True when the object intersects with your border. 

Here's an example:

Windows 10 (1) 2022-06-16 at 11.26.28 AM

Windows 10 (1) 2022-06-16 at 11.27.08 AM

Screen Recording 2022-06-16 at 11.25.38 AM

I hope this helps!