Storyline 2 xAPI Language Selection

When publishing out in a different language in storyline 2 it doesn't change the language type in the xAPI communications to that language.  Outside of changing the xml files manually is there a way of doing it in Storyline 2?

Goal is I want to track the same xAPI ID but be able to detect the language usage (same activity will be in multiple languages with a picker). This way, it has the same xAPI ID they will be able to resume any language because it tracks progress across all of them the same.

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for your question here. I checked in with a few members of our team and there is not currently a way to do so in Storyline so at this time it would have to be a feature request. I could see lots of other users also finding value in this - so hopefully they'll share their thoughts as well! 

Ashley Terwilliger

Thanks for sending along the feature. It's entirely outside my wheelhouse but if you want to share the specifics here or as a part of the feature request that would be great! If shared here in the forums, it may help others in the community think of other solutions or ideas to share with you here. 

Gregory Moore
{
"verb": {
"id": "http://adlnet.gov/expapi/verbs/experienced"
},
"version": "1.0.0",
"timestamp": "2015-11-13T13:50:49.627171Z",
"object": {
"definition": {
"type": "http://adlnet.gov/expapi/activities/module",
"name": {
"und": "Title",
"zh": "标题"
},
"description": {
"und": "Title",
"zh": "标题"
}
},
"id": "http://mybaseurl.com/ACDC_CTRL_L5/6K1eyh4C871",
"objectType": "Activity"
},
"actor": {
"mbox": "mailto:me@me.com",
"name": "Me"
},
"stored": "2015-11-13T13:50:49.627171Z",
"authority": {
"account": {
"homePage": "-----------------",
"name": "------------------"
},
"objectType": "Agent"
},
"context": {
"registration": "245432de-cc09-47e9-bb11-a28b24f4ea83",
"contextActivities": {
"parent": [
{
"id": "http://mybaseurl.com/ACDC_CTRL_L5",
"objectType": "Activity"
}
],
"grouping": [
{
"id": "http://mybaseurl.com/ACDC_CTRL_L5",
"objectType": "Activity"
}
]
}
},
"id": "5623c900-7387-4b89-906f-d57081e47a3f"
}

A quick solution or no clue if it is quick, but would work for my reporting would be using use the same verb you have now, but add the language type under the name and description of the activity object.  I did a quick mockup here using chinese from an actual xAPI statement from Storyline. Because we are translating the page titles and such and we should be able to detect it fine.  And if it is the same verb, it would help a ton for reporting and the scripts we are using to automate it all.