Storyline 3 and Storyline 360 compatibility.

Mar 24, 2022

Good day E-Learning Heroes.

I trust that you are well.

I have a question that I haven't been able to find conclusive answers to. I'm hoping that you can help.

The company I currently work for is using SL 3 to develop our eLearning. However, we have had to bring contractors on board to assist with the workload, and they use SL360.

In a recent experience when I tried to do updates to the source file they provided me with, it would not allow me to open the SL 360 file in SL 3.

Yet in another occurrence with another company, when I attempted opening up their 360 course in SL 3, in worked?

At the moment, the company I work for cannot upgrade to SL360 due to internal processes and approvals being required first. But I wanted to know if there is a workaround in terms of opening SL 360 files in SL3 in the interim?

Why in some cases does it work and in other cases it doesn't work to open a SL 360 file in SL3?

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Candice

1 Reply
Gerald Sale

Hi Candice,

Thanks for reaching out!

In most cases, Storyline 360 and Storyline 3 project files can be opened interchangeably. There are a few exceptions, though. If a Storyline 360 project file has features that are exclusive to Storyline 360, you won't be able to open it with Storyline 3. See this article for details