Storyline 360 app is blurry in Windows 10 on 4K monitor

Jun 24, 2021

This has been covered years ago on this forum, but no progress has been made. On high DPI monitors or 4K monitors, Windows 10 customarily scales (enlarges apps and text) to 200% or more. I have more than 65 apps on my PC, and all of them scale properly — they are all sharp regardless of scaling. Except for Storyline 360.

On my 4K monitor, Storyline 360 is blurry, like it's out of focus. Working all day in the app is an unpleasant experience. Changing the high DPI settings in the app's properties doesn't solve it — it introduces other problems.

Storyline 360 has been given years to clean up its scaling. Every other app on my PC scales properly and sharply — from free apps to complex apps such as Photoshop, Camtasia, and Premiere Pro. The only holdout is Storyline 360, which happens to be by far the most expensive app on my computer. For $1000/year, we should both expect and demand better.

11 Replies
James William

Hello,

I share your frustration with Storyline 360's scaling issues on high DPI monitors. It's disheartening that this problem has lingered without improvement despite advancements in other applications. For a premium tool like Storyline 360, priced at $1000/year, better scaling is indeed expected.

While waiting for a resolution, have you explored alternative e-learning authoring tools? Some users have found success with CapCut for PC, which offers a smoother experience on high-resolution monitors. It might be worth exploring as a temporary workaround or a potential replacement until Storyline 360 resolves its scaling challenges.

Additionally, consider reaching out to Articulate's support for personalized assistance and to voice your concerns. Your feedback contributes to the improvement of the software.

Best regards,

Jennifer Knott

I was glad to find I'm not the only one seeing really poor Storyline resolution on my best, crispest monitor display. I will check out CapCut as a backup. I moved monitors around so that I could fit more Storyline in my view, but was so disappointed to find the resolution so bad! Nothing about my workspace is improved.  I guess not on the roadmap for improvement?

Steven Benassi

Hi Jennifer!

Thanks for checking in on this!

I don't have any updates to share as our development team has been prioritizing other features, but I've included you in the feature report. We'll update this discussion as soon as we have news to share!

In the meantime, here's a deeper look at how we manage feature requests.

Ethan Duffy

There are reports of this going back 8 years - it's difficult to see what would cause this to become a priority to Articulate. Perhaps the user base is overwhelmingly still using 24-inch 1080p monitors, but it would surprise me if so.

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/storyline-2-behavior-on-qhd-screens-is-terrible-no-scaling-please-help