Storyline 360 Audio Editor Cursor Jump

Mar 10, 2023

This has been slowly driving me crazy for years, and I was wondering if anyone had experienced this and/or has a fix. 

Whenever I'm proofing/editing audio, I like to do it externally in something like Audition because it's faster. However, when I'm revising content and need to cut a few words from the previous VO, ideally I try to use the Storyline 36o audio editor as it's right there for immediate updating with no exporting/importing. 

Typically, I listen to the audio while watching the waveform in the editor. I'll see what I need to cut, but when I try to click and drag to highlight for deletion, the CURSOR always jumps. Can I lock the cursor in place when I'm zoomed in. The only tried and true fix I know of is to be all the way zoomed out. I'm attaching a video for further explanation. 

Pinned Reply
Luciana Piazza

Hello Everyone! 

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.87.32265.0).

In this update, we have implemented a fix for:

• The playhead sometimes jumped to an incorrect point on the audio waveform in the audio editor.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions on Update 87, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day! 

4 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hi, Seth!

I'm sorry to hear you've come across this issue with the audio editor in Storyline 360! I understand how frustrating this can be as you are developing content. 

You've encountered a bug that we are aware of on our end. For your reference, here's a quick look at how we tackle bugs

While we do not have an estimate on a fix at this time, we'll be sure to update this thread with any news in the future so that you are looped in. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know! 

Luciana Piazza

Hello Everyone! 

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.87.32265.0).

In this update, we have implemented a fix for:

• The playhead sometimes jumped to an incorrect point on the audio waveform in the audio editor.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions on Update 87, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day!