Storyline 360 - Report.html

Aug 24, 2023

Wondering if it is possible to format the layout of report.html generated from the review button on Storyline 360 Results slide?

4 Replies
Eric Santos

Hi Marcia,

Thanks for reaching out! Although we don't provide support for modifying the published output, you can modify the report.html file in your published output to look the way you want. Note that you'll need HTML coding skills to use this technique. Please check out the article below with the steps:

I also hope other community members can share their experiences and tips on modifying the report.html file. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Arith Hsu

Our team was just doing similar research recently. There are some limitations there.

1. You can only have one single Report.html under your program folder. So, assuming you have customized it, but when you need the report to be in target language(s), the publishing process will always read the "report.html". 
    So some workaround there, you can create multiple report.html, one for each target language. And then when you are to publish German course, rename report_de.html to report.html; when you are to publish Italian course, rename report_it.html to report.html....
  2. Or, simply publish course and replace the file from the output folder.

If you are using the 1st approach, be aware that it looks to be only support ANSI or Windows-1250 encoding. I tried localizing the strings into German so there were some extended characters, or try Japanese  Chinese, once the publishing process is completed, the report.html will have garbled text.

Jürgen Schoenemeyer

If you are using the 1st approach, be aware that it looks to be only support ANSI or Windows-1250 encoding. I tried localizing the strings into German so there were some extended characters, or try Japanese Chinese, once the publishing process is completed, the report.html will have garbled text.

did you submit a support case?

this is a type of error, which should be very easy to fix