storyline 360 Review Quiz displays incorrect on correct answers

Dec 04, 2017

Very similar to 2-4 year old questions I am getting only the incorrect banner on Review Quiz slides in Storyline 360.  I need to fix this for a client.  Got any advice?  

63 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi all!

We released another update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.52.25156.0) today, which included a fix for the bug where rapid or very fast clicking of the Next button while reviewing the quiz slides gives incorrect results once the quiz is submitted.

Update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app to take advantage of the newest fixes and features.

If you have any questions, you can reach our team in this discussion or in a support case.

Gillian Blair

Hi all - if I'm reading this string correctly, it seems the 'fix' for correct / incorrect display was to set the slides to 'automatically' decide? 

Also maybe related is an issue we are having on 'retry' assessment. The retry button has 'reset only incorrect questions' and then jumps to the first question. Unfortunately it is always jumping to the first question regardless of the fact the learner got the question correct the first time out.

It is somewhat fixed by changing the slides to 'automatically decide' but it still flashes up the first slide before jumping to the first incorrect slide the learner got wrong. Not a great experience for the learner with that visual distraction occurring.

Has anyone experienced this or have a solution? I've submitted a ticket but thought I'd ask here just in case...

Thanks!

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Amy,

I appreciate you reaching out and sharing that you are experiencing the same issue.

You mentioned that users are getting answers marked wrong when they are correct.

Based on the original question, I assume that this is happening when they Review the questions after completion?

If so, please check the Slide Properties for your question slides. If the revisit option is set to 'reset to initial state,' then when the timeline starts on the slide (during review), the slide will reset to not being answered and show the incorrect banner.

Leslie McKerchie
Hi Amy,

I'm unable to see the image that you include here. I assumed you replied via email, which does not allow pictures to populate in the forums.

I'd like you to share your project file privately with our support engineers to investigate what's happening with your permission. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.
Jose Tansengco

Hi Michele, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into a similar issue. 

There were quite a few issues discussed in this thread - would you mind clarifying which specific behavior are you currently experiencing so we can take a closer look at what's happening? 

In addition to the description of the behavior, would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can do some testing on it? We want to test as accurately as possible, and using your project file would help us with this. We'll delete it when we're done!

Jose Tansengco

Hello, Everyone!  ✨

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (v3.80.30988.0.).

In this update, we have implemented a fix for:

• "Reset only incorrect questions" briefly shows the first question slide when users Retry the quiz

Please update to the latest version of Storyline 360 to take advantage of the fix. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day!