Storyline 360: Revisiting / Redoing scenarios

Feb 24, 2022

Dear all,

I have the following use-case. I show the learner a "normal slide" (no freeform nor quiz slide) with an interaction, to choose 1 answer out of 4 possibilities. As soon as a pick (drag & drop interaction) is done, a consequence (on a different layer) gets visible. I want to have this state saved, so I select "resume saved state" for the slide. After some scenarios like this, a theory block will follow and also a feedback to the choices the learner made.
After the feedback, I would like that the learner could redo the scenarios, if requested. So I intend to present a Button with a trigger to get to the first page of the scenarios. But as it is "resuming saved state", no interaction is possible.

How could I achieve that?

E.g

Slide 1: Title page - intro

Slide 2: Scenario One, with drag & drop interaction, resume saved state

Slide 3: Scenario two,....

Slide 4: Theory input

Slide 5: Feedback to all scenarios

Slide 6: If you like to do the scenarios again, click on the button below: Go back to Slide 2 but with INITIAL state.

As the Scenarios do not start at slide one, "restart course" is unfortunately no option or I couldn't figure out how to use it.
I want to keep all tracking data and only redo the Scenarios again.

Could anybody provide an input on how I could achieve that?

Many thanks for your support.

Best wishes,

Fabian

2 Replies
Walt Hamilton

On the button on slide 6 that restarts, set a variable (For this sort of use, I prefer a T/F variable).

Then on Slide 2, create variables to reset everything if the variable = true.

See the attached sample, where I also added the option to allow only one drop object on the target.

Fabian Debrunner

Dear Walt,

What an elegant solution. It took my quite some time to figure out what you have done - I didn't saw the Layer 5 at the beginning, but this does the magic...

I allowed myself some changes to your file.

- Reduction of triggers on the base layer by putting all the boxes in a "Button Set"

- Using the Player for navigation (next/back), as I have used it in my project

- I added some off-stage shapes to explain the magic

Many thanks for your idea. Please find attached the (for my purpose) optimised file.

Best wishes,

Fabian